Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I got a package from Ang today. My GOD there was so much stuff in that box! I probably won't have to buy a thing for him other than diapers for MONTHS! And she sent me this sling/front carrier thing that absolutely kicks ass! He loves it, all snuggled against my chest while I do my stuff - cooking, cleaning, whatever. I actually have TWO hands at all times, and thanks to Ang, might just manage to get something DONE around here lol. And the clothes that were in there, good lord, seriously, so MUCH stuff - and a lot of it was gowns! I love gowns, they're so much simpler for diaper changes! And lemme tell ya, this boy believes in making some dirty diapers, Mucho mierda! But there's another good thing about a breastfed baby - the poop doesn't stink like a formula fed baby :) :) (and spit up doesn't stain either!)

I think Nova has thrush, but I also think I might be a little overly paranoid about him... He isn't acting like he has thrush, but his tongue is all white - but his gums and lips aren't, and he eats just fine. . . Anyway, I made an appointment for the morning so I'll know for sure. I know I worry too much with him, and over-react where he is concerned, but better safe than sorry, and to be honest, with the heart condition, I don't know how well he'd tolerate a fungal infection, you know? So much of healing is about circulation and oxygenation - which he, as healthy as he is, has a diminished circulatory system which would effect his ability to recuperate. So it's to the pediatrician at 10:45am in the morning. Then at 2:15 we have to go see the cardiologist. Busy day tomorrow. I've seen more doctors in the last few months than I ever have before, and I figure that will continue to be the case for quite some time.

Today, Terra called Kassi an asshole. Twice. I don't even know where she heard it. I won't lie, we cuss, probably more than most, but asshole isn't one of our favorite words... I mean, if she said damn shit or hell, I wouldn't be all that surprised, but asshole isn't something we say a lot, so I don't know where that came from.

Speaking of Terra and asses... she caught a peek at Nova when I was changing his diaper yesterday. At 2, she has no idea what the physical difference between boys and girls is... so, seeing that he was so completely different than she is, decided that obviously something was wrong with him, and proclaimed that, "him's butt's fallin' out!" Apparently, the way she sees it, he has parts on the outside that are just supposed to be inside, Maybe she wanted a sister?

OK, well, I think that's all I can think of for now, and the moo machine calls (check me out, I managed to do two things at once and fed Nova while I typed! Yay me!) and after that, I really need to fold the 2 loads of laundry that are in my livingroom chair... I've been aiming myself in that direction for hours but haven't actually FOLDED them yet... can anyone say procrastination?




posted by Erin @ 4:33 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares