Wednesday, March 01, 2006



Today's four o'clock visit - note the yellow tube in his nose which is attached to a large syringe full of white stuff? Yup, they're feeding him, finally - five whole ccs an hour. Put that in perspective: 5 ccs is 0.169 of an ounce. Multiply that times 24, that's 4.056 ounces per day. Before the surgery, he was taking 32 ounces per day. Each bottle was about the same as what he gets all day now. Poor guy!

The feeding is the only real change today, except that his heart rate and blood pressure are pretty much the same now as any other 3 month old (he'll be three months old TOMORROW!) and by god, for the first time in 3 months, his feet and hands are warm. :)

They moved one of his IV lines from his femoral artery to an artery in his chest, I watched them stitch it to his little shoulder today. Weird, he put in three stitches, not one drop of blood. Interesting.

He's still zooted out of his mind, and he basically keeps his eyes open most of the time. So much that I tend to close them for him every once in a while because I feel like they must be drying out. I know I know, they put in drops, but still, it's weird because he doesn't even blink. Guess it's a weird "mom" thing, lol.

Oh, I was up at the hospital by myself today. I just knew I was going to get lost. I didn't! *pats self on back*. The little girl next to Nova had her chest closed this morning. She's doing SO well, they're talking about moving her to her own room by Friday! The baby is adorable, the parents, especially the mom, are sweet sweet sweet, and I'm thrilled for them that she's doing so well. I just want to hug that baby, and I did hug the mom.

If I haven't already said this (yes, I know I have) the nurses up there are amazing human beings! Candy and Sharon are just wonderful.


posted by Erin @ 9:51 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares