Wednesday, March 29, 2006



These are 2 pics from right after the surgery. He looks so so so so good. I'm amazed by just how much he's been through, and how hard he's fighting, and how well he's suddenly doing. His passed out drugged up little self is the absolute most beautiful thing I've ever seen. With the exception of the yeast infection that we're still fighting, everything about him looks great. The magic numbers are all but perfect. He is on a little bit of Dopamine, but only 3 mcg, and that's seriously nothing. It was at 10mcg 2 days ago. He's pink and warm and perfect.

They changed the antifungal he was on from Diflucan to something else, and I can't remember what it's called, but the Infectious Disease folks feel like it's a better bet than the Diflucan. I don't understand, but they're experts at these things, so I'm not arguing.

We came home earlier, after seeing him a few times because he's doing so well (better than he has in weeks actually) that I felt OK with coming home and passing out even though the cath was just a few hours ago - I've been up since 7:30 am YESTERDAY. I'm exhausted, and overjoyed and amazed and tired. God I'm tired. But... LOST is on, so I'm going to prop my eyelids open with toothpicks and see if I can watch it. I missed it last week dag nab it. I'll probably fall asleep during tonight's episode though lol.

Shanda is his nurse again tonight. Have I mentioned that I love her? I called to check on Nova, but I also called because I wanted to hear as much relief and happiness in her voice tonight as I heard concern this morning.

She loves him, and it shows. They all do really. He's becoming the CVRU Mascot lol.


SUPER! (god how I wish I'd have been there when Dr. Watts said that!


posted by Erin @ 8:56 PM   4 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares