Saturday, March 18, 2006



Bunnies and Bears and Hippos - Oh My! This is Novas ever growing collection of stuffed animals. We brought them all from home except the hippo, which his nurse Mel gave him. She even wrote a little message on the tag, because that's the kind of people I get to deal with every day! And yes, it's wearing a diaper. A real diaper, designed for preemies, which is unbelievable tiny. The hippo itself is only about 4 inches tall, and the diaper fits him perfectly!


So today's biggest news is that they moved Nova to a crib this morning, a real live crib! The nurse said that they switched him over and he was awake for a while afterwards, and was sitting there checking everyone out looking like, "Hello ladies lookit me, I'm big pimpin!" which I can totally see him doing! He looks more comfortable. Not that he was awake much while we were there tonight. Mostly he slept, but that's ok, he needs to sleep.

But this whole thing just sucks damn it. I can't wait till he comes home and I can be with him for more than 30 minutes a day! I miss him. I want desperately to HOLD him and bury my face in his fat little neck and just be his Mommy again.

They gave me some literature on colostomy care today. It doesn't seem so complicated. Actually, it seems pretty easy. There's a nurse type person that specializes in dealing with colostomies (sorry I don't know what they're called) and she'll come tomorrow and show me everything I'll have to do. Truth be known, from what they're telling me about how long he'll be in the hospital, and how long he'll have the colostomy, I won't have to do it for very long, a month maybe. But even if it's longer, it's something that I feel comfortable with the idea of doing and I think we'll be just fine with it.

AND...
Mika, one of the founders of The Maeghan and Heidi Heart Foundation, will be at the hospital tomorrow afternoon to bring more of the foundation blankets to the CVRU, and I'll get to meet her. I'm really excited about it!

Anyway, I'm off to do something (I dunno what but I feel all fidgety and shit... weird, cuz it's after midnight...)


posted by Erin @ 12:13 AM   3 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares