Sunday, April 02, 2006

ARGH!!

So the day nurse (whose name escapes me right now) said the yeast culture was negative, that they'd run another culture to make sure it was a true negative, not some weird false result. OK, great - but I didn't ask WHEN they'd run the second culture. So at 8pm I asked the night nurse, Vivian - and she said that the she hadn't seen any negative result on the yeast, that the paperwork she had still said positive! But the paper she showed me was from 3/31, so I'm thinking she wasn't looking at the most recent results.

That better be the deal, because I'm going to be highly pissed if there was never a negative result!

Anyway, yeast aside, he looks great! Everything is still going in the right direction, and there's every indication that we're on a positive trend. Thank God, I mean, he's been through enough already!

I had the audacity to ask today if they thought maybe he'd be home for his 5-month "birthday" and I was told that maybe I should shoot for celebrating that in PICU or in his own room, and maybe he'd hit 6 months at home...

So, basically, another month. Sheesh!
OK, I know, I know, but I'm feeling impatient today! Tomorrow is the 6week mark!


posted by Erin @ 11:12 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares