Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I had briefly mentioned an email I received a few days ago from the mother of a 21 year man who was addicted to drugs. I had been waiting for her permission to post her actual email. I got her reply this morning, and I'm absolutely overjoyed that she consented. I truly feel that each of us has a purpose in life, a reason, a goal to fulfill - to change someone, to touch them, to better them in some way, or to leave them open to some way to better themselves.

I think that this letter may mean more to me than any other I've ever received in my ten years of being online, because it exemplifies the power of the struggle Nova experienced, and how much he has and still is impacting our world.

He was such an amazing little guy. I miss him so very much, but if his passing has saved this woman the same pain I'm feeling over losing my son, then his life was well lived indeed.

I've changed the son's name, and omitted hers, for the sake of their privacy.


----- Original Message -----
To: erin@poeticacceptance.com
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 8:54 AM
Subject: Nova


Hi Erin, I just wanted to thank you for being the kind of Mom you are. Because you shared your abiding love for Nova with us all through your writings on the net, he indeed touched lives in unexpected ways and places. I have to tell you the way Nova's life affected my 21 yr old son's life, because it's nothing short of a miracle.

Jack is a drug addict, pacified these past 8 months on daily methadone doses to curb a 4 year self destruct, hammering every drug imaginable. Of course this beats strolling the streets for just any ole drug to inject, but as you know, it too is an opiate rendering many of the same side effects as any opiate. It's a 'ball and chain' and all the other cliches' used to describe addictions.

I shared your post stories about Nova's daily struggles with Jack. He was humiliated to learn a little baby boy on the East coast, through no choice of his own, had to have some of the same drugs he's abused by choice. John enters a rehab on Good Friday, April 14, miraculously inspired by Nova's suffering and death.

Nova had a voice because of you, Erin and his courage will be heard and respected far beyond those hospital walls if you will please keep writing.
---------------------------------


This story was also a part of Nova's eulogy, and will forever be a part of my memory of the miracle that is Nova.


posted by Erin @ 11:01 AM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares