Thursday, June 22, 2006

I spent some time going through Nova's things tonight. His clothes and blankets and stuff. I'm keeping everything that was with him at the hospital, and a few outfits, and the rest is packed up. I guess I'll sell of it that and donate it. I got the crib partially disassembled when I hit overload and just quit.

You realize he spent nearly half of his life in the hospital? The first 2 weeks and the last 6. 58 days of the 125 he lived. He never even outgrew the size 0-3 sleepers. He never had a pair of shoes on his feet, they were too big. I have 2 bottles of baby powder that I never opened.

I'm already forgetting what he looked like and I can't remember the sound of his cry. I'm losing him all over again.


posted by Erin @ 12:48 AM   4 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares