Wednesday, June 14, 2006

2 1/2 months, and I think it's harder now than it was in the beginning. At first, you're busy with funeral preparations and the inevitable financial issues, for a while you're numb, for a while you're in a state of denial, or at least, disbelief. Eventually, you run out of distractions and run face-first into reality. I cry more as time goes on, rather than less. It doesn't make sense, and yet it does.

His things are gone, and like I said, the empty places where they used to sit just serve as constant reminders. I have several pregnant friends and family members that remind me, a couple of friends with babies very very close to the age Nova would be if he'd survived. All just painful markers that make me face the finality of death.

I'm finding the anger, the frustration, railing at the unfairness. Damn it, wasn't losing one child punishment enough? Wasn't one tiny ivory casket sufficient to repay whatever past wrong I've done or prove that I'm a survivor, or to turn me into some tool for the greater good? (I don't want to be a tool for anyone, I want to be Nova's mother...) What more am I supposed to do, how much more will I lose? And that's the thing you see. With Nova, I was, at times, so sure he would make it because, surely, it just couldn't happen twice. Only it did happen again, he's dead, he's gone. And some part of me has reached a point that I cannot be comfortable in the idea that now everything will be ok, that now I've suffered enough. So sometimes I wonder what's next. I don't trust the universe anymore. And that pisses me off.

So many people live their lives blissfully ignorant of reality. They suffer from it-can't-happen-to-me syndrome. Hell, I did too. Twice.

Obviously, I'm having a pissy day, a feel sorry for myself day, a life sucks day. It doesn't matter, won't change a thing. Nothing will. And that, too, pisses me off.


posted by Erin @ 4:01 PM   2 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares