Friday, June 16, 2006

I haven't been able to get a hold of the woman at the local chapter of the AHA that called last Friday, despite calling her on a daily basis. Seems her job is to go out and meet with participants, or, meet with someone anyway, and she's never actually in the office.

This morning I received an email from her. Professional, but sweet. She's obviously read Nova's story to some degree. Anyway, I've emailed her back, so there's finally been "contact!"

I still don't know if/when we'll be meeting, but if she can offer extra help or advice on how to raise more funds (considering that all the other "successful" teams have company sponsors, and I'm up there with them) than I'll welcome the help.

Did I ever say that I did eventually actually send that mail out to Dr. Watts? It went out yesterday. I'm still nervous and feeling funny about doing it, but I keep reminding myself that the worst that can happen is nothing. Except that he might think I'm a total cad for asking of course... I'll let you guys know if/what/when he donates. If he does, I will be extremely happy. Having his support, even if he only donates $5, will be a huge morale booster, and a definite kick in the butt to do more and better things. I love him... Have I said how much I love him? haha. Yeah, I thought so. The Dr. Watts Shrine of Sainthood is nearly complete, services will be held weekly... No not really, I'm kidding, but just barely!

We recieved another donation from one of Scott's customers yesterday. I love that they're being supportive of him. I knew they would. They're good people, and Scott's lucky to have customers like them.

Can I admit something here? I NEVER took part in fundraisers, even in school (remember the candy sales? UGH!) I never participated because I thought I sucked at it. Back then I did, I was painfully shy and insecure. Now, well, I'm grown up, twice transformed, and a mother on a mission. I've surprised myself, people have surprised me... as a friend of mine said, you've all reaffirmed my faith in humanity, so thanks for that. I just hope I can do your generosity justice and continue to keep the momentum in Nova's name.

I never dreamed his tiny little arms would ever be able to stretch across the country and touch so many people. I'm so proud. Not of myself, I'm just a... well, as much as I hate to put it this way, I'm just a tool. I'm proud of him, and of people who are moved by him and his story.


posted by Erin @ 1:15 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares