Saturday, June 03, 2006

As you can see below, the financial assistance list is coming along. It's taking longer than I'd hoped, but I'm steadily getting there. So far I've covered 29 39 states and at last count, that included 60 83 different hospitals. I'm having trouble finding anything in Hawaii - I'm not entirely sure that there are any hospitals in Hawaii that perform neonatal/pediatric cardiothoracic surgeries, but I'll keep researching, I'm far from done.

I've discovered that some of these hospitals have websites that are completely user UNfriendly, or offer little or no information. And that many hospitals work through a network, like Carolina's Medical Center does, that includes multiple hospitals. This should simplify things, seeing that many times, the billing/financial assistance offices are the same for several hospitals, but in reality, it complicates things, because it means that I have to do more research to insure that I'm posting the right links, and haven't somehow gotten lost in their system and taken a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong spot with the wrong information.

I've gotten discouraged a time or two, by the amount of work just one link sometimes requires. But then, I check the stats for the blog and see several visitors who've arrived here by doing web/blog/technorati searches with terms like "Stanford hospital billing" or "Financial Assistance Children's blog" or "Child's Charity" and it makes it worth every phone call and every minute of sorting through web pages.


posted by Erin @ 1:47 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares