Monday, September 11, 2006

Blog Designs, and My Goals

There's less than a week now until the Heart Walk. Five days really. Five days. Five days left to donate for this cause that is so dear to me. Other than having my children, I've never believed in anything as completely as I believe in this. I know I've not only met my goal, but surpassed it and I should be content with that, but I'm not. So much more needs to be done, there is so much research that isn't being done. Knowing that leaves me feeling helpless, powerless. I want to change things.

It's inspired me to re-design my main blog, and to change in the wording in the header. "Let what you love be what you do." is a quote from Jalal ad-Din Rumi, and I'm taking his advice. I love my children, and fighting to change this thing that killed them is what I'm doing, and what I'll continue to do. And that's why I set my goal and continued to raise it each time it was met, and if there were time, if I thought for one minute I could raise another $427, I'd raise it to $4000. I know that the fact that the little thermometer is full is probably discouraging people from donating more, and all I can say is, please don't let it. My personal goal for this walk has been reached, but there's a long way to go before CHD stops killing children. So yes, I've raised over $3000, and yes, the mercury in my thermometer has reached the top, but I hope that some of the new readers who haven't donated yet will still fell led to donate.


posted by Erin @ 1:52 AM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares