Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So, there's a chick in a nearby town who has a fundraising event that sort of resembles a cook out/family reunion type thing. Bounce house etc for the kids, live band, silent auction, free food, $1 drinks (including beer! yay!) and it raises funds for Fragile X because she has 2 children affected by it.

I attended her event this year, the same day we went to the Heart Walk. It was a lot of fun actually, and the food was awesome. The kids had a great time, and with a $10 entry fee (for adults only - 12 and under was free) I'd say she probably raised a pretty good chunk o' change for her cause.

I'm trying to decide whether to have one of those or a charity golf tournament. I know kids and cookouts, I don't know golf, despite the fact that I live 25 miles from Charlotte, which seems to be quite the golf mecca. Therefore, I am leaning toward having the cookout/bash event.

So, I'm fishing around looking for info and doing some preliminary planning. I feel sure that I can find sponsors to donate drinks, and quite possibly even the food, because that's my world - restaurants. I think we can handle the concessions, considering pretty much this whole damn family has experience in food services. Manpower is no problem. I could probably find a local band to donate their services for next to nothing for the sake of publicity. But Heather's bash had the bouncehouse and a dunking booth. I'm thinking these are high dollar things, so I start shopping around for the price on rentals. I found one that's $75 per day, and the second item would only be $40 more. So, that's $115. I plan to make this an annual event, so that's $115 every year. Or, I can buy them on eBay. More expensive now, cheaper in the long run. I can't decide, since I don't have ANY money to spend on bouncehouses or anything else right now. So, what do you guys think? Wait until next spring and rent the stuff? Or save up and buy it?


posted by Erin @ 5:33 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares