Friday, September 15, 2006


Team Nova has raised so much more than I'd ever hoped when I first decided to join the Heart Walk! I'm flabbergasted, and I reserve that word for special occasions, ok!?
And to top it off, Kim's son Jacob is in the lead for a separate contest to see who can raise the most money online. He got $800 in donations today, and I just got this in my email! YAY Jacob! Hope that makes up for breaking your arm on Wednesday!

The prize is a $500 gift certificate to the Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. That's a whole lot of shoes! I wish they'd have been running this contest back when I first started, I'd have won if it were running during the first 2 weeks after I joined lol.

Just got done with the reporter who read her story to me. It hasn't been to the editor yet so it isn't the final version, but it did give me a good handle on what it's going to be like. I kept telling her that I didn't envy her job of keeping the timeline straight, maintaining the emotional impact while having to spout details about medical details. I think it came out pretty well! THIS story WILL have a web version (as far as I've been told anyway, and I'll link to it when it comes out. I'm not going to say a word about the details of it. That would ruin it!

The Charlotte Weekly story will be out on September 29th. I haven't even done that interview yet, and I honestly have no clue what direction she'll be going with it, but I'll find out on the 22nd when she gets here ;)


posted by Erin @ 2:21 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares