Sunday, September 17, 2006


This is Jacob. He's an adorable kid, with the most awesome smile! Here you can see his arm brace - he gets his real cast on Tuesday, but this also shows the sticker on the back of his shirt. It's an "In Honor Of" sticker. It says "I'm walking in honor of" and he wrote "ME" because he was born with a congenital heart defect. I learned yesterday that so was Leesa. Although I don't know exactly what hers was, the fact that she's walking for the AHA and pushing her grandson, it's proof that plenty of CHD patients live long full lives!

Me on stage before I had to talk. The girl in pink and purple is Lenise Ligon. She's pregnant (like, PREGNANT) but you'd never really know it to look at her.
(Erin, look at my feet :) )


Scott in the background, pushing Terra (who you can't really see), me, Kory behind me, Leesa and her grandson Jordan, Lisa, and Daniel, and Kassi the sign holder in front - with the Coke can that made it into almost every picture that had her in it!

Lisa and Leesa are still trying to figure out how to get the video to her email and send it to me. Bless her heart I'd have given up, I'm a technotard with stuff like that, but she's still at it, because she rocks. I'll let you guys see it when she sends it to me. I wish I'd have been able to tape the whole event! I mean, looking down on a crowd of 7000 people would have just been an awesome shot!

Lenise said yesterday that she'd try to get a copy of the news piece for me, and if she can I'll get it up too. I'm still dumbfounded by how much it didn't suck. That's what I need in life, a professional editor :)

You know what? I just found out that there's a LIVE WEBCAM in Charlotte that shows the corner where the Heart Walk was. You guys could have been WATCHING! Damn it, I didn't even know there was one or I'd have linked to it :| Pisser.

If ya want to see the corner (now empty of course) it's here, labled Center City. The camera angle, with the way the stage was set up, you'd have actually been able to see me on stage lol.


posted by Erin @ 1:42 PM   0 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares