Wednesday, January 30, 2008


Yeah most of you don't know the story... back in the day I only blogged on my blogger blog. I had an extended group of friends though blogger. One of them was Gretchen. She was a friend of a friend, at first... She had a big family, and her baby girl was born just about 6 weeks after Nova. I found her blog and a picture of Lydia by accident, and it was true love at first sight. Lydia was such a gorgeous baby girl, the perfect future wife for Nova. I left a reply, jokingly saying that if I weren't so opposed to arranged marriages, I'd start making plans for their wedding. And a friendship was born. And because of the nature of our first meeting, she kept up with Nova's progress, and was heartbroken when he died.
And since his death she's been Team Nova's greatest supporter. But I've strayed totally off-topic.
I still ocassionally make my rounds through my blogger list, peek in on the friends I had there, despite the fact that I've really drifted away from the whole bunch. And tonight I made my rounds, reading blog after blog. And I hit Gretchen's blog. And her last post was about lydia. About Lydia's birthday actually. I was shocked to see that Lydia is 2 now. Two. As gorgeous as ever, with the sweetest little smile and blond curly hair and a nose that crinkles up when she smiles that smile that only a 2 year old can smile.
So Lydia is 2. That shouldn't be such a surprise. I knew in my head that she was 2. I mean, I knew Nova would have turned 2 in December, so obviously, Lydia would turn 2 in January. Right? So why am I so shocked and sad?
I guess seeing pictures of her at 2 brought it back that Nova SHOULD BE 2. Nova SHOULD BE smiling and crinkling his little nose up. Nova SHOULD have a head full of hair and an adorable little personality that shows up in pictures... It sort of reminded me. I'm not sad that Lydia is 2. I'm sad that Nova never will be.


posted by Erin @ 6:05 PM   3 comments



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Name:
Donovan "Nova" LeClair
Location:

Monroe, North Carolina
Bio:
Nova was our second child to be born with congenital heart defects. We lost our daughter at 12 days after open heart surgery in 2001. Nova was born 12/2/05, with Pulmonary Atresia with VSD. He lived 6 weeks after surgery, and passed away on April 6th, 2006. This blog is his story, and the on-going story of how our family is dealing with the loss of our beautiful boy.
View Erin Monahan's Complete Profile

Click Here to Donate



Our Links:


"Poetic Acceptance"
our website for grieving parents





Press Box and Publicity




This Site Has HEART

My site was nominated for Best Charity Blog!

Heart Kids
Forever Young Mommy Steps


Heart Links




Page best when viewed at 1024 x 768

online
Adult Dating
Visit NCBlogs
Listed on BlogShares